Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Crappy GBX Shoes

Dear GBX staffer
About two months ago my eyes caught a nice pair of your boots and I paid $85 to buy them thinking that they're not only nice to look at but based on the price they're going to be decent quality too, however to my dismay after a total of maybe 10 wears I noticed the main front seam on the right shoe had torn. I shrugged the problem off as a random incident and took it to a shoe repair shop where I paid $10 for them to re-stitch it and happily wore my cool GBX again only to find that this time after just a few more wears the seam on the left shoe had torn, on the same exact spot as it had on the right side! This time I was certainly upset because I realized I had paid a premium price for a lemon item made with poor workmanship which is not expected from a brand name with advertising on major magazines. Yet again I had to pay another $10 to fix the stitch and mind you those boots are not worth $105 in my book, even $85 was pushing it but I bought it because I really liked them but perhaps next time I should consider Payless!

I'm writing you this as constructive criticism hoping you will pass it along to the people in quality control who need to pay closer attention to the durability of your products because after all market share is lost one customer at time...

No comments:

Post a Comment