Sunday, October 19, 2003

Hip Hop Life

Last night I tagged along with my producer friend to go to a birthday party in the semi-ghetto part of the town, the pre-party party was already somethin' by itself to write about, but the actual party was amazing. 4 DJs in the kitchen mixing and spinning every good hip hop beat out there, 6 emcees battling, 6 breakdancers in the living room spinning on their hands and heads, and and a buncha graffiti artists in the yard tagging the walls, to make the long story short, it was like being in the eminem movie 8 mile! I bailed at 3:30 before the cops showed, but since my ride had taken off I walked through the hood and past the cemetary, thank god I'm a large person and not the likely target for getting picked on by men and ghosts alike. Took the two mile walk to the 24 hour joint by the university and ran into my friends there, had a burito, chai and fries, and for the first time in years I stayed up till 6 am. Now that's what I call an exciting night!

No comments:

Post a Comment